CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Friday, May 22, 2009

For Memorial day.



Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 25 in 2009). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the civil war), it was expanded after World War I to include American casualties of any war or military action.
Remember Freedom is not free,some one paid for it with their lives. If you can read this, Thank a Teacher,Since You have the freedom to read this,Thank a Veteran.

19 comments:

  1. Great post for Memorial Day Mike! I also just noticed your picture of the Cleveland Skyline - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari,I'm glad that you enjoyed tis posting,and that you enjoyed the Cleveland Skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have my eternal gratitude for their service and sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travis,on the behalf of all us veterand,I thank you for your gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a walk through my hometown cemetery where my father (a veteran of both the Korean and Vietnam war) is buried and said thank you not to just to him but to the other veterans in that cemetery with him. They range from the Revolutionary War to the Vietnam War and I am working on a special post for them that I will have up on Memorial Day.

    Thank you, Mike, for your service and may you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda,I am one of many who have taken their turn at serving out country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike, thanks for serving this great Nation!! I'm sure the sacrifices you have made were many!! Its an honor to know a veteran....God bless have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An important holiday. Thanks for this. That is a moving photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy,I do not feel that I made any sacrafice at all,it was my time to serve as it was my Dad's when he was in the Army Air Force,as well as many of my family members.

    SandyCarlson,I got the photo and the explanation for Memorial Day from Wikipedia.I than added my own thoughts in the second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mike thank you for this wonderful post, it truly touches me as a military wife.

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that my military days are long behind me,I still believe in service to our country,and I am greatful to those that have served since I did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mike, thanks for your kind comments at my blog and yes this is a very good post as well. Thanks again for serving..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post Mike, Thanks for serving:)
    God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just one of many that put on uniforms to serve our country.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Mike. This is an excellent post.

    May you have a grand Memorial Day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. S.S.Nick,I hope that you have one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your quote on Mari's blog and liked it so much I put it with my Memorial day post. I gave you both a shout-out and linked to you to give you credit. Thanks from the wife, daughter, and granddaughter of veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kayren Pink Daisy Girl,My family had a strong military service backround as well.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂