CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Saturday, December 12, 2009

a list of novelty Chrismas songs.

Just for the heck of itI decided to to post this list.The highlighted stuff was supposed to link to wikipedia but does not.
Another form of popular Christmas song are those musical parodies performed solely for comical effect, usually classified as "Novelty songs". The best known of these include:

Even Cheech and Chong got into the act with "Santa Claus and His Old Lady" recorded in 1971.

In 2007, The Killers released Don't Shoot Me Santa; a song which benefited various AIDS charities.

A more recent example of a novelty Christmas song is "Damn it, I'm Vixen" performed by Brian Beathard, in 1997.

Christmas novelty songs can involve gallows humor and even morbid humor like that found in "Christmas at Ground Zero" and "The Night Santa Went Crazy", both by "Weird Al" Yankovic.[16] Radio personality Bob Rivers has parlayed the format into several albums in the Twisted Christmas line.

The number of Christmas novelty songs is so immense that radio host Dr. Demento devotes an entire month of weekly two-hour episodes to the format each year, and the novelty songs receive frequent requests at radio stations across the country.

The Dan Band released several adult oriented Christmas songs on their 2007 album "Ho: A Dan Band Christmas" which included "Ho, Ho, Ho" (ho being slang for a prostitute), "I Wanna Rock You Hard This Christmas", "Please Don't Bomb Nobody This Holiday" and "Get Drunk & Make Out This Christmas".

The Skandles released a Christmas Rap and R & B parody of Rihanna, Snoop Dogg and Biggie Smalls to Airplay Direct on Dec. 9th, 2009 called "The Elf That Jacked Christmas".


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

7 comments:

  1. Enchantedoak,it was nice meeting you on your blog as well.thank you for stopping over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT list!
    I love Cheech and Chong's Santa and His Old Lady! I'm glad you reminded me of it. I'm going to listen to it right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ferd,I'm glad you enjoyed the list.

    Wanda's Wings,yep and a lot of them are fun to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you included Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. That one always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂