CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Saturday, June 27, 2009

A new Rant.

I saw where some one was blaming the new clear air/water act as bad for the economy.Horseshit!!!! the remark was that jobs are gonna suffer and the gas prices will rise even more.
I went on a real diatribe in my remarks for that posting,and I'm not done venting.

Let's take a look at some of the facts.

1) rising gas prices are due to the lower production of gasoline's by the petroleum companies.(Exxon,Chevron,Shell,etc etc you get the picture)

2)the second reason gas prices go up are due to the greed of the buying and selling of oil futures that drives up the price of a barrel of oil.

3)The economy is bad enough that the new controls will destroy jobs,Horseshit.
Jobs have been leaving this country since the Early 60's.the reason the jobs are going is that the big fat cat CEO"s want more profits and cheaper labor costs so they can sell junk,charge more for it and fatten their bank accounts even more.

A personnel observation if you will.I can be dismissed as a fool as someone that does not know what he is talking about.I am fine with that.
There are a lot more out there that voice what I just said here but in more eloquent ways that may be more palatable.I do not know.I am just speaking my mind about what I feel that needs to be said.

one last thought. GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE NEEDS TO BE REVISITED.THROW OUT THE LOBBYISTS,STOP THE BUYING OF POLITICIANS BY THE RICH CORPORATIONS.GIVE THE UNITED STATES BACK TO THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES INSTEAD OF THE SUPER RICH.

I am now officially departing my soap box.

10 comments:

  1. Gee Mike. I am sorry my post caused your blood pressure to shoot up.

    Yes, there are a number of things that lead to higher gas prices. The EPA says that the climate bill will ADD to those factors. The same with any potential job losses, it would be on top of anything that would have occurred without cap and trade. Obama himself has said that his cap and trade proposal will cause energy prices to skyrocket. There is little debate that cap and trade will increase the cost of energy and the costs of producing products. What is up for debate is how much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dickster,this is true.the point that I was argueing is that even with this measure the prices will go up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not particularly politically astute but even if energy prices rise in the short term, we have to cut our dependence on foreign oil and explore new alternatives. If we don't pay for it now, our children, our grandchildren will reap the consequences.
    Mike, I couldn't have said it better than what you wrote and I'm glad to read a blog where someone is defending this bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MountainWoman,Business as usual has to stop.Oil is not a forever thing.eventually it will run out.we need to come up with alteritives,now is better that later.Evere since the industrial reveloutin we have been doing harm to our planet that has got to change or as you stated the children and granchildren will pay the price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, we need to cut our dependence on foreign oil. One way to do that is to allow domestic drilling. I do agree that we need to explore the alternative, renewable energies, but until they are viable we need to use what we have.

    The best way to do that is to give tax incentives and rewards to those companies that research and develop those technologies, not to punish those companies that utilize the currently available technologies (oil and coal) and by extension the American people

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that the dependence on oil has to stop. It is a finite resource. Alternative energy sources and cars that can use them are much needed. We have to change our life style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Syd,don't I know it but untill the auto industry is forced to they will not make the changes that are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, the auto industry has been working on alternative fuel vehicles, the problem is that nobody knows what that alternative fuel will be, and then developing the infrastructure for that alternative fuel.

    They have hydrogen powered vehicles in development that emit water vapor (careful though, that's another greenhouse gas). However they currently would be very expensive, and very few places to refuel. Same with natural gas vehicles.

    The electric vehicles would not emit exhaust, but they would have to be charged with electricity, which is primarily derived from fossil fuel sources. Plus they don't have the technology developed yet for longer trips. I also recently heard that they would not significantly reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good pounts,but what are we to do.the pipers gonna need to be paid if we do nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂