CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Friday, July 17, 2009

R.I.P. WALTER CRONKITE. THE MOST TRUSTED MAN IN AMERICA.


A News legend has passed away.for 19 years Walter Cronkite walked us through the evening news.He informed us of President Kennedy's Death,he was with us when Man first landed on the moon.He informed us of the news in a kind way that informed us not scared us. He was a hero to me. AND THAT IS THE WAY IT IS.-WALTER CRONKITE (AKA MIKE GOLCH) REPORTING.

27 comments:

  1. OMG! I didn't even know he had passed? Awwww, I liked Walter. He will be missed.

    Thank you for posting this.
    Take Care,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loosing so many so close together. Very strange. He was a great news man. Always enjoyed the sound of his voice coming from another room. Very soothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the visit, I just hope I won't have the same experience as you do, that would be scary if my pc breaks bcos of the facebook, i never used twitter..have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.I.P Walter Cronkite, a man who has been through moments with Americans for almost two decades. I believe he will be dearly remembered in the hearts of many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sad about Mr. Cronkite. He was such a well-respected gentleman. Rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat,he died yesterday during the day in friday.

    A Stich in Thyme,we at least he lived a great life.

    Jessel,thank you for visiting with me as well.

    BK,He was the kind of man to tell it like it was,he let all sides have it like a true journalist should do.

    Daisy,he will be missed.there will never be another man like him.

    AirmanMom,That he was and a gentilman about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was a legend. Godspeed, Mr. Cronkite.

    And thanks for adding me to your Ohio network!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie,that he was indeed.He was well respected by the anchors on the other networks as he called them.
    I am only too glad to add you to the blog listing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It made me sad to hear of his passing. Rest in Peace Mr. Cronkite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He will certainly be missed. A great one, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer,I was saddened when I heard that he had passed away as well.

    Real Live Lesbian.there will never be a news anchor as powerful as he was ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. His reporting of the Vietnam War use to piss me off. But he seem to report other issues fair and even. I wonder how he would handle the huge divide in today’s politics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the great men of journalism ! Sad to see him gone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just be real,That He was and yes he will be missed.

    Momisodes,that he will.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We were sad to hear about Mr Cronkite. He was such a great reporter.

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  16. Furkidsmom,He set the Gold Standard on what a reporter should be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw ... how sad. I hadn't heard. Guess that's what happens when I don't turn on the television for a few days. Thanks for sharing and for dropping by Sacred Ruminations and sending the email link. Congratulations on your 1000th post. I just reached 402 at Sacred Ruminations so I have a ways to go there. I suspect there are more at Small Reflections but I've not checked for a while. Perhaps if I add all my blogs together I might be approaching 1000 ... but maybe not.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Storyteller,He was truely one of the greats.
    If I was to add up all the posting aon all of my blogs I'd most likly be pushin 1,120.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mr Cronkite did his best to tell the truth based on the facts, even if that truth was difficult or inconvenient to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂