CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Friday, August 07, 2009

LET'S PUT POLITICS ASIDE FOR ONCE!

Eunice Kennedy Shriver critical at Mass. hospital

FILE - In this Friday, Nov. 10, 2006 file photo, Eunice Shriver ...


BARNSTABLE, Mass. – Eunice Kennedy Shriver, the sister of President John F. Kennedy and a longtime champion for the disabled, was in critical condition Friday at a Massachusetts hospital.

Shriver, 88, was surrounded by her husband, children and grandchildren at Cape Cod Hospital in Barnstable, said family spokesman Stephen Rivers.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, the husband of Shriver's daughter, Maria, was also there, said Aaron McLear, a spokesman for the governor.

Shriver has been weakened in recent years by a series of strokes. She lives in Hyannis Port, near the family compound where her brother, U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy, has been staying as he undergoes treatment for brain cancer.

Sen. Kennedy was seen leaving the compound Friday in a golf cart with his wife and dog, headed toward the area where the family sailboat is docked.

Shriver is the fifth of the nine Kennedy children. Edward Kennedy and Jean Kennedy Smith are her sole surviving siblings.

In an recent interview posted on eunicekennedyshriver.org, Sen. Kennedy said his sister has never backed down from the rest of competive clan.

"She always strived to be the best, and she in many respects has made such an extraordinary difference in the lives of so many people around the world," he said.

Shriver is perhaps best known for her work to establish the Special Olympics, inspired in part by the struggles of her mentally disabled sister, Rosemary.

She organized the first Special Olympics in 1968 in Chicago. The two-day event drew more than 1,000 participants from 26 states and Canada. By 2003, the Special Olympics World Summer Games, held that year in Dublin, Ireland, involved more than 6,500 athletes from 150 countries.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I've always thought she was a pretty special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived just down the street from the family when I 15/16. I wont' say much more than that but these folks are some of the nicest people you will EVER meet anywhere. I dont' care what your political party is, these are decent people.

    I feel bad for this family this night. Very sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Stich In Thyme,that is why I put the heading that I did.Next time I might post about a republican family needing our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard the news this afternoon. But, not the specifics. thanks for posting about this Mike!

    Please don't think I have been ignoring you. i didn't say anything online but I've been having terrible back and hip pains for over a month now.

    The last 2 days just got to be unbearable so today I had to go see the DR.

    Sure enough it's my sciatic nerve. Now, I am on medication and feeling a wee bit better.

    So it's time to try to get caught up!

    Happy weekend Mike!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie,sorry to hear that you have been having trouble,and that the medications is helping.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂