CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Saturday, September 26, 2009

Testing the new fangled post editor.(All the Photos will be seen on 7Dec09)

These are amazing photos!
Photos taken on 7 December 1941, but not developed until 2009. The camera was the old Brownie camera like my Mother used over 70 years ago...
The photos are unbelievable...



Isn't is amazing how a film could last so long in a camera without disintegrating?


Fantastic photos taken 68 years ago. Some of you will have to go to a museum to see what a Brownie camera looked like?

Here is a simple picture of what we are talking about. . .




These photos are absolutely incredible...Read below the first picture and at the end...




PHOTOS STORED IN AN OLD BROWNIE CAMERA

Thought you might find these photos very interesting; what quality from 1941.
Pearl Harbor photos found in an old Brownie stored in a foot locker. and just recently
taken to be developed.

THESE PHOTOS ARE FROM A SAILOR WHO WAS ON THE USS QUAPAW ATF-11O.

I THINK THEY'RE SPECTACULAR!

PEARL HARBOR

December 7th, 1941



9 comments:

  1. It's amazing that they are in such good shape after all these years. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari,there are more phots than whit is shown,you just have to wait until Dec 07 to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY HANNAH.. those are amazing!! I can't imagine what it must have been like for those men and women during that time. Hell on earth. Mike, Thank you for always being real on my blog. I need honest above all and you always manage that no matter how your feeling yourself! THank you. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astich in Thyme,yes these are amazing.wait untill you see the full posting that I have scheduled for Dec 04,2009 in honor of Pearl Harbor day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos! It's extraordinary that they are still so clear after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, I know you are very upset. I could tell by all of the caps.

    But, for us to pay works as we do make a little money from Google ads and we are going commercial.

    So any money spent will be a tax deduction for us.

    I thought everyone would be happy with this decision. After all, many of us are already paying via Adgetize.

    Gee whiz I hope we will still be friends!!

    Hugs and love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are spectacular indeed Mike. What a horrific day that was as well. It changed the face of America forever.

    Have a terrific day. Big hug honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandee,that it did.This is just a hint of a futher posting about the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 07,1941.I will have more on the anaversary of the attack.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂