CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Thursday, October 15, 2009

WTF??????

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Something Isn't Right Here

United State Marine Corps Sgt. Michael Ferschke was stationed in Okinawa, Japan. While there, he met and developed a relationship with a Japanese woman named Hotaru. Sgt. Ferschke was then deployed to Iraq. In July of 2008, the couple were married by proxy over the phone. Sadly, one month later, Sgt. Ferschke was killed.

Prior to their marriage, the couple gave birth to a son. Now, Hotaru and their son face deportation because the State Department refuses to recognize their marriage as legitimate because the couple was not able to consummate their marriage vows as required by US immigration laws.

Meanwhile, the Department of Homeland Security has told Sheriff Joe Arpaio that he is to no longer to authorized to make arrests of illegal immigrants. Sheriff Joe, to his credit vows to continue to seek out and arrest criminals that are in this country illegally.

There is something wrong when our state department on the one hand wants to deport the widow and child of one of our fallen soldiers, then on the other wants to strip our law enforcement officials of the power to arrest those who are entering the country illegally. One would think that the Department of Homeland Security would want our law enforcement officials to enforce our laws and protect our borders. I kind of thought that was why the department was created.

Fortunately for Hotaru Ferschke and her son, Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) has introduced a bill that would recognize the marriage of Hotaru and Michael Ferschke. The bill has some support on both sides of the aisle. Members of the House have also introduced legislation to help the widow. Please write to your Senators and Congressman asking them to support Senator Webb's legislation.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. Yes - there is certainly something wrong with this picture. Common sense seeems to be a hard thing to find lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our system is all messed up Mike. Both of these issues are very wrong. I'm hoping her and her baby can stay and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SHERIFF JOE!

    Have a terrific day Mike. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂