CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Wednesday Hero

This Weeks Post Was Suggested By Cindy

U.S. Marines

By now I'm sure you've all heard about 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines "Darkhorse" and the heavy casualties they've taken since being deployed to Afghanistan in September. Almost 20 causalities in October and November. Below is a list of the 3/5 Darkhorse Marines that I was able to find. If I've missed anyone please let me know. I'm not able to profile them all individually, but you can go here to find more information on these men.

Marine Sgt. Ian M. Tawney
Marine Lance Cpl. James D. Boelk
Marine Lance Cpl. Joseph C. Lopez
Marine Lance Cpl. Alec E. Catherwood
Marine Lance Cpl. Irvin M. Ceniceros
Marine Pfc. Victor A. Dew
Marine Lance Cpl. Joseph E. Rodewald
Marine Lance Cpl. Phillip D. Vinnedge
Marine Cpl. Justin J. Cain
Marine Lance Cpl. John T. Sparks
Marine 1st Lt. William J. Donnelly IV
Marine Lance Cpl. James B. Stack
Marine 2nd Lt. Robert M. Kelly
Marine Lance Cpl. Randy R. Braggs
Marine Lance Cpl. Brandon W. Pearson
Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew J. Broehm


These brave men and women sacrifice so much in their lives so that others may enjoy the freedoms we get to enjoy everyday. For that, I am proud to call them Hero.
We Should Not Only Mourn These Men And Women Who Died, We Should Also Thank God That Such People Lived

This post is part of the Wednesday Hero Blogroll. For more information about Wednesday Hero, or if you would like to post it on your site, you can go here.
Wednesday Hero Logo


Christopher Lee

Sadly there's been another casualty that needs to be added. On December 2 3/5 Darkhorse lost Marine Sgt. Matthew T. Abbate. If you could add his name to the post. Hopefully this will be the last one, not only before Wednesday but for good. They've been through enough.

4 comments:

  1. My heart hurts as I pray for these fallen warriors...May their families find comfort.
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers got out to all of the families. We should not have to making these posts after 10 years.

    If we had been in Afghanistan to begin with after 911 I think all of this mess would be over with by now.

    Bill is headed back for his 3rd time and they are saying Afghanistan. We are all scared to death. Three times and come home without even a scratch is really pushing it.

    We are praying God will bring him home safe this time also!!

    Thanks for sharing this Mike. I just can't bear to do these posts because of Bill and our nephew, a Marine!

    Hope you have a great day!
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame. The world is in such turmoil. What a shame.

    Have a terrific day Mike. Big hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AirmanMom,Rodger That.

    The painted Veil,Jackie I have to agree with you.unfortunately the Bush administration choose to attack Iraq befor finishing the job in Afghanistan FIRST!I do thes posting as a way to honor our Heroes.

    Sandee,you are right about that.unfortunely there will not in the near future where everyone agrees to Live and Let Live.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂