CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Monday, April 18, 2011

A follow up

For those that are interested here is a list of the surviving members of the Doolittle raid

    Colonel Richard E. Cole, copilot of aircraft #1
    Major Thomas C. Griffin, navigator of aircraft #9
    Lieutenant Colonel Robert L. Hite, copilot of aircraft #16
    Major Edward Joseph Saylor, engineer of aircraft #15
    Staff Sergeant David J. Thatcher, gunner of aircraft #7

As of April 2011, five Raiders are still alive.Only eight were able to attend the 64th anniversary reunion held in Dayton, Ohio, in April 2006. Seven attended the 65th anniversary in 2007 in San Antonio, Texas, six attended the 66th anniversary in 2008 in Dallas, Texas, and four attended the 67th anniversary in 2009 in Columbia, South Carolina. The raiders held their 68th reunion at the National Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, Ohio. Cole, Griffin, Hite and Thatcher were the only raiders well enough to attend.

There are also seven individuals, such as Lt. Miller and raider historian Col. Carroll V. Glines, who are considered honorary Raiders for their respective efforts for the mission.

The last of the surviving Doolittle raider pilots, Bill Bower, died on 10 January 2011 at age 93 in Boulder, Colorado.
more information can be found HERE
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Mike - Thanks for doing this. I didn't search enough this weekend to be accurate. I really appreciate your extra research. I'm going to update my records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis,I am happy that I was able to agument your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting bit of history, Mike. So many of the really old timers are gone, taking their memories with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Syd,sad but true. so many of them gone and the lessons they could teach are gone as well.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂