CLEVELAND SKYLINE

CLEVELAND SKYLINE
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND MOST LIKELY WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

San Francisco Skyline

San Francisco Skyline
I've been in my own boat sitting out in this water looking at this view. Awesome!-Sandee. This is a Tip of The Hat to Sandee, my Co-Author and blog wizard.

The Blogger's Prayer

Lord help me to learn to spell without spellcheck, manage to visit all that visit me, and post regularly - all in 5 minutes a day, so that I can clean house and take care of my family. Help me to not look at every occurrence in my life as a blog post, and to quit taking pictures of weird things to share as well. Please Lord, help me to stop talking about my blog friends as though they are next door neighbors or someone I have known all of my life. And help me dear Lord, to think of something witty and wise to post tomorrow.


Monday, September 23, 2019

Music Monday and Monday's Music Moves Me



Some day if Lady Java the owner of the site starts Music Monday  back up again a link will be here again.





 I’m Head Conductor of this Musical trip & my name is:   XmasDolly (Marie or DOLLY IS OKAY WIT ME!) & my Co-Conductors (& my BFF’s/love these gals) let me introduce U ♥:♥ Callie of JAmerican Spice♥, is taking a semi-hiatus although she’s been poppin’ in & out so it may be sooner! WOO HOO!  ♥Stacy of Stacy Uncorked♥ & Co-Conductor (my forever friend through thick & thin we’ve made it, right Girlfriend?! ♥ Cathy of Curious as a Cathy♥ with all her beautiful mewsic, friendship & help!♥, & Alana of Ramblin’ with AM – HUGS♥,  ♥♥APPLAUSE♥♥ DO U WANT 2 B A HONORARY CONDUCTOR & CHOOSE THEMES 4 A MONTH, (except for freebie wks.) & comment on all blogs who sign into our ROCK & ROLL JAM???  Let me know (OR 1 of our Conductors) if you’d like 2 give it a WHIRL & we’ll make it happen!  FUN! Email me @ xmasdolly at comcast dot net !  This is your decision!  No pressure & no waiting in line! We’re NOT taking turns!  It’s all up to you!  Let me know & YOU shall be given a month to SHINE! We’re working on JULY! It doesn’t have to be July it could be any month except December.  That’s reserved for SANTA (Christmas tunes)!





 these tunes are from 1971 the year that had two events that i was Proud Of My Highschool Graduation in January 1971 and my Enlistment in August 1971


The Doors - Riders On The Storm 


 

Paul McCartney - Uncle Albert/admiral Halsey 


 

The Rolling Stones Brown Sugar 


























15 comments:

  1. Wow, the Stones, the Doors and McCartney...terrific choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude of dudes! Good Morning and how are you today? I'm doing fine on this lovely of lovely days! It's beautiful outside here and I hope it is by you too. You REALLY picked some great tunes my friend and I especially like Paul McCartney's "Uncle Albert"! ~hehehe~ Definitely a tune that makes you, "Smile"!! Have a wonderful week my friend and have a beautiful "Autumn Season"! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude of dudes! Good Morning and how are you today? I'm doing fine on this lovely of lovely days! It's beautiful outside here and I hope it is by you too. You REALLY picked some great tunes my friend and I especially like Paul McCartney's "Uncle Albert"! ~hehehe~ Definitely a tune that makes you, "Smile"!! Have a wonderful week my friend and have a beautiful "Autumn Season"! hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XmasDolly,we are both doing OK today.:) :D :X :-* :-f :-h d-)

      Delete
  4. In the summer of 1971 I was between my freshman and sophomore year in college. I came down with a mystery illness (mono was ruled out) that made me so weak for three weeks or so that I couldn't even leave the apartment my Dad and I shared. I had to dis-enroll from summer classes. During that time I played the Door's LA Woman album about 10,000 times, over and over, and I absolutely loved Riders on the Storm. I still do. I know the other two songs quite well but there is something special about Riders on the Storm. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after one week in Basic I was in the base hospital whith breathing troubles Riders on the storm was playing a lot on the rdio station that the medics had on,after I got out of the hospital I was in a second traing flight,and than i got sick again in week 4 of training after I got out I was assigned to a different training again, this time I did complete basic training.

      Delete
  5. Mike,

    1971 was a big year for you, wasn't it? I certainly appreciate the scarfice you made for our country to serve America in such an unfavorable war, not that any are, but the Vitenam conflict stirred a lot of folks in an undesirable way which resulted in our troops paying the price which is totally unfair. People who shunned our men & women in the armed services from that era or any are worse than pond scum in my humble opinion. Now that you know how I feel, thanks for answering the call to service, my friend - you totally rock!

    'Riders of the Storm' is an awesome song. I believe I read that 'Uncle Albert' really was a person, maybe McCartney's real-life uncle, but I can't swear to that now. I sometimes get song facts mixed up. While I never considered myself a Stones fan lately folks have shared some of the Stones most popular tunes which I do remember liking quite well with 'Brown Sugar' being one of them.

    Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor, my friend. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy Kennedy,I Just wanted to follow my Dad's footsteps in serving,Dad was U.S.Army Air Force and so I wanted to be in the Air Force.I am just glad I scored high enought to be able to.:) as far as the citizentry not supporting Us that was just part the 70's.:( Even Veteran orginations turn their back on us Vietnam and Vietnam Era veterans.:(( I was Proud to Raise my hand and take my oath of enlistment and i would do it again in a heartbeat even knowing what I know mow. y-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been a huge fan of 70's music, but you picked the ones I really like!! :) Thank you for your service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy Uncorked,I've always been fond of the 50's throught the 80's music everything after that is I will listen to it but if I don't like the tune,I'll stop it and try something else.:):D:X:-*:-f:-hd-)

      Delete
  8. Some good picks here. 1971 was a kind of tumultuous year for me, and the music got me through it...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Golch Central where comments are welcome.This blog DOES NOT ALLOW ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.Comment moderation has been enabled.All comments must be approved by the blog author. That being said, go ahead and make my day! Leave me a comment, even it you leave a negative one. The only comments that will be deleted are spammers and PERSONEL ATTACKS ON ME!!! I answer your comments, so if you want to see what I said come back for a visit. Be kind and NO SPAM or PERSONEL ATTACKS THOSE COMMENTS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY ON THIS BLOG! As always I'm grateful that you stopped by. 🙂